A 90-minute training will be shared on three consecutive Saturdays. (Three 90-minute trainings total.)
All classes are recorded and you will have access to the recordings for 6 months. Live support is available during training to address any questions.
Step-by-step approach to teaching mindfulness to children.
- Topics covered During Mindfulness Instruction for Children Training
- Creating safe spaces.
- What to expected your first time teaching mindfulness to children & tip
- Research supporting mindfulness.
- Working with school-aged vs. teens.
- Mindfulness activities appropriate for age groups (4-7) (8-12) & (13-18).
- Brain science and mindfulness.
- Establishing and enhancing your own mindfulness practice.
Sarah teaches meditation to children, helping children feel empowered for over ten years. Sarah also trains adults how to teach meditation to children in classrooms, at home, and in therapeutic settings. Sarah’s program attracts students from across the US, Canada, Australia and Europe. Additionally, Sarah is the Author of Sensational Meditation for Children - Mindfulness, Guided Imagery, and Other Child-Friendly Meditation Techniques. Her latest book, The Magic Gum Tree, is a fantasy story for children about three possums who learn how to meditate when they travel in their time machines to faraway lands, such as ancient India.
Sarah teaches straightforward skills using meditations from all over the world. Higher self esteem, improved focus, closer relationships and better health are just a few of the benefits parents, therapists and teachers who use these techniques rave about.
Contrary to what one might think, kids love to meditate. Sarah's students tell her, “That was better than my video game,” “When can we come back to meditate?” and “I didn’t know meditation was so easy.”
Sarah also works as a public school teacher.