Summer '19 Mindfulness Instructor for Children Training
Learn how to teach mindfulness to children at home, school, in a therapeutic setting or during yoga classes.
A 90-minute training will be shared on three consecutive Saturdays. (Three 90-minute trainings total.)
All classes are recorded and you will have access to the recordings for 6 months. Live support is available during training to address any questions.
Step-by-step approach to teaching mindfulness to children.
- Topics covered During Mindfulness Instruction for Children Training
- Creating safe spaces.
- What to expected your first time teaching mindfulness to children & tip
- Research supporting mindfulness.
- Working with school-aged vs. teens.
- Mindfulness activities appropriate for age groups (4-7) (8-12) & (13-18).
- Brain science and mindfulness.
- Establishing and enhancing your own mindfulness practice.
Sarah began working professionally with children in 1991. Sarah now teaches meditation to children, helping children feel empowered for almost 20 years. Sarah also trains adults how to teach meditation to children in classrooms, at home, and in therapeutic settings. Sarah’s program attracts students from across the US, Canada, Australia and Europe.
Additionally, Sarah is the Author of Sensational Meditation for Children and The Magic Gum Tree. Sarah's cross cultural meditation training includes Insight Meditation (Buddhist), a four-year study with regression therapy master (Western Shamanism), Huna practitioner training (Hawaiian), Reiki, Level II (Japanese) and ongoing Yoga instruction (Hindu). Sarah also works as a public school teacher.